Caregiver Education and Training Project
About the Project:
The Regional Geriatric Programs (RGP) of Ontario and six project partners from across the province are developing a curriculum of continuing education and training for family caregivers. This project is supported by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. The education and training will help the province’s growing number of informal caregivers (e.g. family and friends) of older adults living with frailty by providing practical information about skills and self care.
On Tuesday January 29th 2019, a workshop will be held at St. Peter’s Hospital 88 Maplewood Avenue in Hamilton.
Are you a caregiver interested in this workshop?
Are you caring for a family member or friend who is a senior (65 or older) with difficulties in one or more of the following areas?
- Managing Medications
- Managing Meals
- Staying Socially Active
… We think your caregiving story is valuable! Come to the workshop to share your insight and expertise, and help build educational resources for caregivers across Ontario.
* FREE lunch will be provided
* Parking exit passes and lunch will be provided at no cost
* Financial support for transportation to the workshop and/or respite care may be requested. Please contact us for more information.
For more information, please call: 705-761-4078
To register for the workshop: https://caregiver-workshop-hamilton.eventbrite.ca
To view a flyer click HERE
Are you interested in facilitating this workshop?
We are looking for expert facilitators to assist us with small group discussions with caregivers as part of the workshop. Your level of preparation is minimal and we will ask you for the following commitments:
- Distribute the ‘open invitation’ to caregivers who are family/friends of frail seniors, directly or through the agencies you work with, by email or handing out the invite.
- Participate in a short teleconference call one week prior to the workshop to run through the facilitation plan and agenda for the workshop.
- Review the Toolkit (this will be shared in advance of the pre-workshop call).
- Arrive at the venue at 9:30 am, to run through the agenda, expectations, and provide a facilitators package. The workshop will conclude at 2:30 pm.
- Bring local resource material that you think participants might find useful for our ‘resource table’.
- Facilitate discussions at a table of 4 to 8 participants.
- Provide your feedback on the workshop at the end.
If you are able to volunteer, please register: https://goo.gl/forms/E7GXkBVull436Hnw1
To view a flyer click HERE
If you would like more information about the workshop, please reach out to Christie Nash (email@example.com), our Lead Knowledge Translation Facilitator at RGPO.